Hertspoker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knees

4 posters

Go down

Knees Empty Knees

Post by Luke Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Operation trip report pls. Get well soon.

Luke

Back to top Go down

Knees Empty Re: Knees

Post by Sneds Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:23 pm

One of the best operations ever.

I only got to bed @ like 1 because I was getting merked in the $50 pacific tournament and I woke up at 6am to get ready. I got to the hospital at 7:30 when they dropped the bombshell that I actually wasn't on their list at all. Heartbreak. Apparently waiting list had cleared me to have the op on that day, but hadn't informed the ward. Luckily the surgeon was expecting me on that day, so they shipped me a bed after a small delay.

At this point, it's probably just after 8am. There was a large chair next to my bed, which I sat in and made idle conversation with the guy opposite me. Poor guy had just had the lower part of his leg amputated. We chatted for a bit and for the duration I tried to find an appropriate time to ask him if he suffered from phantom leg. After managing to squeeze it into the conversation, I had a little doze in my chair as nobody was about and I was knackered.

About half 9 people came into the ward and asked if I was ready to be operated on. I obviously wasn't as nobody had checked my blood pressure, given me a gown or anything. So they quickly helped me get ready and took me to the Anesthetist at this point, I was quite excited and ironically the last thing I remember is asking "Have you injected it yet, I don't feel sleepy" The time was 9:48

When I woke up, I don't really remember much. It was about 11:15 and I was in my hospital bed. I glanced over at the side desk and saw my mobile phone on the side. I asked Alan (amputee) where my phone came from as it was meant to have been locked up whilst I was being operated on. He looked at me strangely and said that I just asked the nurse to get it out for me.

I made the usual obligatory phone calls to tell everybody I was still alive (has anybody seen the film awake?) and a nurse brought me some white toast, lightly buttered. This was amazing as it was the first thing I'd eaten in ages. I scoffed it down in like half a bite and asked if there was any chance of having some more. The nurse brought over a menu and told me that lunch was gonna be served soon.

I inspected the menu and decided that I would go for some pasta with plum crumble and custard for desert, unfortunately it transpired that everybody orders their lunch the night before so they have time to prepare it and they only had Leek and potato pie left. This turned out to be a huge result as it was delicious and the crumble was also fantastic. After eating, I felt good enough to go home, but they told me that I needed to pass water before I could go.

I also needed to be debriefed by the surgeon, who told me that he looked at my knee and a total reconstruction of my ligament was not necessary at that time. He told me that there wasn't much of my ligament left, but he'd trimmed around the strands that were no longer connected to bone and all the inflammation in order to improve my movement of my knee. He then said that I would have to strengthen my leg and attempt to play sport again. If I played sport fine, then thats great - if I found that my knee was unstable, well I would then need a total reconstruction of the ligament and I wouldn't be able to play sport for a whole year after the procedure!

That was good news for me, as it means I can work on my knee and perhaps get back to playing in a few months, depending on my rehabilitation. I went back to sleep for an hour or so as I still couldn't go to the toilet. When I woke back up I managed to wrangle a doctors note for 2 weeks (I've been told I can drive again in like 24 hours) and I could go to the toilet. So I rung Sara to pick me up (who brought haribo, dairy milk and golf monthly - one the best) and off we limped into the sunset.

xxx
Sneds
Sneds

Back to top Go down

Post by Slats Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 pm

(who brought haribo, dairy milk and golf monthly - one the best)

pfff
Slats
Slats

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:04 am

pfffff one of the best operation trip reports too. wd.

Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeyBouy Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:16 am

aaahhh alive john bouy

LukeyBouy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: